Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers review

 

I played this game recently and beat it in one sitting (of course I used a guide on some parts when I was stumped) and I can see why this is the best point-and-click games ever made. I was really hooked to the story which I thought was really intriguing, from the phenomenally writing (something that’s rare nowadays, especially in the modern video game industry) to the characters like Gabriel Knight, Grace, and Detective Mosely, especially in regards to the chemistry between these characters. You also can’t go wrong with the gameplay since it’s straightforward and simple. I admit that there were times where I was completely stumped on some of the puzzles and had to resort to looking at a guide, but most of them are pretty forward, while there were one or two that were kind of weird and pretty typical of Sierra games and other point-and-click adventures. Great soundtrack and voice work by Tim Curry, who voiced Gabriel Knight, and Mark Hamill as Detective Mosely, amongst other great voice work from the actors. I’m glad to have gotten around to playing it, and had a great time. I definitely look forward to trying out the rest of the Gabriel Knight games! I highly recommend it, especially if you like point-and-click games.

No comments:

Post a Comment